Leather Product Care & Cleaning Services
Cleaning, Conditioning & Protection
No one knows leather cleaning and conditioning better than Creative Colors International, Inc.. We offer on-site cleaning, conditioning, and protection of your leather.
What Sets Us Apart?
Sometimes cleaning alone may not be enough to remove permanent stains or scuff marks on your leather products. In addition to cleaning your leather products, we condition them with our proprietary Creative Colors International, Inc. conditioner that’s specially formulated to perfectly maintain and preserve it for years to come!
Our leather care service technicians can provide you with a leather cleaner and conditioner kit so you can protect your leather furniture on a routine basis without having to call us.
Call (800) 933-2656 to learn more about what makes us the best in the industry!
The Function & Versatility of Leather Items
Because leather is created by nature and preserved with a tanner, it’s considered superior to any other man-made material and must be carefully preserved in order to maintain its beauty for years.
Leather holds such a high value because of its:
- Beauty: This material takes well to a variety of finishing processes, designs, and color applications. Because it’s natural, leather comes in a variety of surface patterns and pleasing textures. A pleasant scent and rich feel heighten its appeal.
- Comfort: Leather breathes, which allows moisture out and air in. This natural insulator protects against extreme humidity and temperature.
- Durability: Leather resists stresses such as extreme temperatures, punctures, and tears so well that it’s used in many commercial applications.
- Flexibility: Leather retains sufficient shape to provide support, but can stretch to conform to individual contours.
How to Care for Your Leather Furnishings & Goods
In order to retain its original beauty, leather requires frequent conditioning to replace the natural lubricants that are lost during regular use. With the right amount of care, this material can be protected from dryness and excessive moisture.
Newly purchased leather products should be treated immediately because any leather that’s not protected is prone to spotting from water and other liquids. Our experienced leather care service specialists can help you determine the right type of protection to use.
How to Care for Pigmented Leather Products
While many leather product owners are aware that this material can crack and tear when it’s too dry, they don’t always know that using too much conditioning wax or oil can also have negative effects. Like our skin, leather has pores that can become clogged. If this happens, mold and mildew can grow beneath the surface of your product and destroy it.
Light-colored leather should be cleaned frequently because any spots, stains, or discoloration are spotted more easily. Be careful when wearing jeans that are dark blue or black.
Tips for the Care of Fine Leather Furnishings & Goods
At Creative Colors International, Inc., leather is our specialty. We take pride in our ability to care for it and help you care for it, too. This is why we’ve created a helpful list of ways to ensure that your leather products can be enjoyed for years.
When caring for any type of leather item, be sure to:
- Never use animal fats to darken it as this can cause your product to rot.
- Never clean leather with any household chemicals, including mineral spirits, turpentine, and other petroleum distillates.
- Do not use silicone products, waxes, or other leather preparations that can impair your product’s ability to “breathe.”
- During winter, remove salt deposits from boots and shoes right away by sponging them with clear water. Then follow the treatment recommended above for damp or wet leather.
- Allow leather that’s damp or wet to naturally air-dry away from any source of heat. To restore flexibility, apply a small amount of conditioner when the item is nearly dry. Use a full conditioning treatment after the leather is completely dry.
- Do not store leather goods in plastic bags or other nonporous covers.
- Always hang leather coats on wide, padded hangers. Use shoe trees for shoes and boots. Stuff empty handbags with tissues into shoes and boots to help them retain their shape.
Creative Colors International, Inc. offers a unique leather conditioner and cleaner that can help you protect your leather products on your own. You can also request to have our certified technicians come to you and perform routine maintenance services for a great price.
Contact us at (800) 933-2656 to learn more about our leather product care and cleaning services!
Service Offerings may vary by market. Check with your local CCI location for further information.