Interested in owning a Mac Tools franchise? Learn about franchise costs and how this brand compares to Creative Colors International, another franchise in the automotive industry. To get started, take a side-by-side view of the startup costs and ongoing fees.
|Initial Investment||$120,500 - $340,535||$86,980 - $102,410|
|Initial Franchise Fee||$8,000||$49,500|
|Cash Requirement||$20,000 - $30,000||$50,000|
|Ongoing Fees||$1,200 annual fee||7.5% royalty fee
1% advertising fee
Tool Industry Leader
Mac Tools opened its doors in 1938 to manufacture the “finest tools in the world.” Although the company has evolved, its philosophy is still the same. It focuses on solutions for the automotive industry and has more than 42,000 tools in its arsenal. Mac Tools relies on a direct sales approach with a mobile sales force of distributors dedicated to delivering superior quality, price, and service to customers across the globe.
The brand began franchising in all 50 states in 2011, and has more than 1,200 franchisees, including at least 131 outlets in Canada. Mac Tools owners operate a mobile store, serving a route of approximately 325 customers. A Mac Tools franchise owner can tackle multiple routes if they comply with company guidelines. Startup costs vary depending on whether a franchisee leases or purchases their mobile van. Costs range from $120,500 to $340,535, including a franchise fee of $8,000. Mac Tools partners with Wells Fargo to offer financing to qualified applicants.
Despite a long history of success and a solid reputation, there are some drawbacks to owning a Mac Tools business. Mac Tools relies on B2B clients and requires managing inventory, which must be purchased up front. Franchisees with Mac Tools do not contribute to a national advertising fund to promote the brand. The company does provide promotions and social media marketing, and owners can purchase business cards and signage for their vans.
If you want to run a proven business in the automotive industry without the hassle of managing inventory, CCI has a turnkey opportunity for you to consider. CCI is the mobile leader in leather and vinyl restoration and repair. Our technicians fix rips, tears, cuts, scratches, burns, and fading.
To understand whether CCI is the right mobile business for you, look at the wide variety of industries it supports. As part of our business model, we offer both B2C and B2B revenue streams.
- Automotive. CCI technicians form partnerships with local automotive dealerships to make repairs to their used car fleet. Our technicians can take care of automotive interior repair, and we also offer odor elimination and sanitization services. The high cost of new vehicles is prompting customers to focus on used cars. Having them in good condition will help you get top dollar for the used cars in your fleet.
- Recreational vehicles. RV shipments hit their third-best year on record in 2022, according to RVIA. As temperatures rise, individuals and RV dealers are making interior repairs to their homes on wheels to get them ready for summer road trips. RVs provide a safe travel solution for people who are concerned about the ongoing impact of the pandemic.
- Marine. The sale of powerboats jumped during the pandemic as people pursued outdoor recreation to stay safe. Although sales normalized in 2022, the sale of outboard engines reached $3.6 billion last year. Damage from the sun and surf requires frequent repairs. CCI’s mobile vans frequently travel to marinas to restore boat seats and upholstery, carpeting, beds, boat tops, and engine enclosures.
- Aviation. Commercial airlines and aircraft owners across the country turn to CCI for all of their aircraft interior restorations and repairs.
- Commercial businesses. Keeping your local business in prime condition is necessary to build a loyal customer base and drive repeat business. The cost of replacing worn flooring or seating can be prohibitive. Making repairs can save up to 90% of replacement costs and is an environmentally sustainable solution customers appreciate. Technicians regularly make repairs at restaurants, doctor’s offices, salons, dentists, and corporate offices.
- Residential customers. Providing stellar customer service helps our B2C business flourish. As more people adopt hybrid work schedules, they are turning their homes into sanctuaries. Keeping their furniture in tip-top shape is a priority.
Unlike a Mac Tools franchise, CCI owners pool their resources and contribute to a national advertising fund to help promote the brand across all its markets. The company provides franchise marketing support by offering guidance on growth-building marketing strategies and has an array of sales aids, such as flyers, postcards, and brochures, to boost business.
Connect with CCI
If you’re ready to launch a mobile business with multiple revenue streams and marketing support, visit CCI and download our franchise kit for more information about the restoration and repair industry.