The average age of cars on the road is increasing. High new car costs, lack of job security, unpredictability in the stock market, and supply issues are prompting many Americans to hold off on trading in for a new model. In 2022, the average age of cars on the road hit a record high of 12.2 years, according to Kelley Blue Book.
Give Your Car a Facelift
If you have an older vehicle and want to give it a facelift, Creative Colors International (CCI) has the tools in its arsenal to get the job done. We have more than 150 locally owned and operated mobile vans ready to come to your home or place of business to transform your aging vehicle. No matter what type of material your automobile’s interior is made of, it’s important to make sure that it’s well taken care of so you can preserve your vehicle for as long as possible.
Several affordable car restoration projects can help make an older car sparkle. Here are suggestions on how to make an old car look new again from CCI that can make the most significant difference.
- Clean the car. The first step in restoring an old car is to give it a thorough cleaning. Wash the exterior, clean the windows, and vacuum the interior. This simple step can make a huge difference in the overall appearance of the car.
- Repair seats. We rely on our cars for work, life, and play. The average American spends nearly 60 minutes in their car commuting to the office each day. Driving to work, running errands, and transporting family members to activities can take a toll on the seats in your vehicle. Even if you’re careful, spills will happen. If your car seats are stained, worn, or torn, reupholstering or repairing them can make a significant difference in the overall appearance of the car. CCI’s automotive upholstery repair technicians are trained to fix rips, tears, burns, fading, and seam slippage in leather and vinyl.
- Refresh the carpet: Over time, the carpet in a car can become stained and worn. Our technicians can remove stains and fix blemishes to improve the appearance of your carpet. Restoring the carpet can save up to 90% in replacement costs.
- New floor mats. Fresh floor mats are an inexpensive way to refresh your car interior. Picking floor mats that are durable and have no-slip liners can help contain future spills and are easy to clean. If you are making interior repairs of used vehicles for resale, CCI offers customized logo floor mats that will leave a memorable impression on your customers.
- Replace the headlights and taillights. If the headlights and taillights are cloudy or faded, replacing them can instantly improve the appearance of the car. Your vehicle’s headlights are made from acrylic. Over time, the sun’s ultraviolet rays can make them appear yellow or foggy. Debris from the roads can also cause dents and scratches. Before buying replacements, try to clean them. . Headlight polishing kits are also available at auto parts stores if you want to try and do it yourself, otherwise let the technicians at CCI handle this for you. If these solutions don’t get the job done, replacement headlamps are available from an auto parts store or online. Once you replace your lights, protect them from future damage with a plastic sealant.
- Install new tires. The National Highway Transportation Safety Authority recommends replacing your tires every six years to stay safe on the road. Adding new tires or installing new rims will also overhaul the appearance of your vehicle.
- Eliminate odors. Trips to the drive-thru, gym bags, and pets can give your car an unpleasant odor. CCI’s odor removal and elimination processes are a safe and effective way to deal with odors in your aging vehicle. Once the source of the odor is removed, we can get rid of smells left behind by cigars, cigarettes, pets, and food.
We Can Fix That!
CCI can help show you how to make an old car look new again without breaking the bank. Rely on CCI’s repair and restoration services to improve the appearance of your used car fleet or personal vehicle. Request a quote to get a free estimate on making your car shine.