Ahhh, freedom. That’s what owning a recreational vehicle gives you like nothing else can! The freedom to travel when and where you want, while taking your own bed with you. But perhaps your camper is looking a bit tired and run down. Should you ditch it and buy a new one? Here are the top 10 reasons you should keep your old reliable.
- Your current motorhome is just that: your home away from home. You’re familiar with the workings of what you already have.
- You can continue deducting the interest on the loan you currently have. For most motorhome buyers, the interest on the loan is tax deductible as second home mortgage interest. To qualify, the motorhome must be used as security for the loan and must have basic sleeping, toilet and cooking accommodations.
- You can continue to pay down your current motorhome loan and get closer to paying it off…or, even better, you can reap the rewards of NO monthly payment!
- You have broken in all the systems on your motorhome and therefore know what those “knocks” and “pings” mean.
- You know how the vehicle has been maintained. You know when the next oil change is!
- Your family members already have their niches and favorite places carved out in your current RV…keep creating memories that will last a lifetime!
- Your pet can come with you and feel right at home.
- You can put a little elbow grease into sprucing up your motorhome instead of buying new.
- You can take a critical eye towards finding projects you can’t do on your own and hire a professional to do it for you.
- You can have your local Creative Colors International come to you and repair things like ripped tarps, burned linoleum, cracked vinyl and frayed carpet. They can fix that! And CCI’s repairs can save you up to 90 percent over replacement costs. They can take your old finishes and make them look virtually like new!
So travel on in your current RV. It will serve you longer than you think and save you money in the process!