Refurbishing a car can extend the life of your vehicle and increase its resale value. Learn which car interior upgrades are worth the cost — and which don't make the cut.
Americans are feeling the pinch of high food costs, inflation, and stagnant wages. Many people are already forgoing eating at restaurants to save money, and NPD Group forecasts a drop in spending during the holiday season. Current economic trends and high depreciation rates are putting the purchase of a new car on hold for many Americans. New cars depreciate 20% after the first year and then lose 15% of their value each year, according to CarFax.
If now isn’t the right time to start shopping for a new ride, there are steps you can take to make your current car shine. Creative Colors International is the mobile leader in leather and vinyl restoration. Our service technicians have the tools and techniques required to make interior repairs to your vehicle. We can help eliminate wear and tear and return your car to its original glory. Our techniques for refurbishing a car can save customers up to 90% in replacement costs.
Upgrade Your Look
When considering refurbishing a car, there are some repairs worth making and a few that aren’t worth the cost. Installing new carpets, replacing seats, and overhauling the dashboard are pricey. It makes sense to include expensive upgrades if you are refurbishing a classic car, but if you simply want to give your everyday ride a facelift, there are more affordable solutions. Below are a few interior upgrades CCI recommends.
- Fix rips, wear, and tears. We spend approximately 10 hours and 50 minutes behind the wheel each week. Inevitably, hitting the drive-thru, ferrying children and pets, and weather will damage your vehicle's interior. Unsightly rips, tears, and fading in your leather or vinyl car seats can make your car's interior look dingy. CCI technicians can come to your home or office to fix rips, fading from UV rays, and general wear and tear. We use environmentally friendly dyes and cleaners as part of our automotive upholstery repair to safely improve your car’s appearance.
- New floor mats. Standard car floormats from the dealer are not built to last for the long haul. Fresh floor mats can go a long way to spiff up the interior of your car, and it’s a lot cheaper than replacing the carpet. We recommend purchasing durable, no-slip liners designed to contain spills. If you are making interior repairs of used vehicles for resale, CCI offers customized logo floormats that will leave a memorable impression on your customers.
- Overhaul your sound system. Upgrade your car’s audio experience to improve sound quality by installing new speakers. If your car is not already equipped with Bluetooth, it’s a good idea to install a package infotainment system with a touch screen to have the latest technology at your fingertips.
- Stain removal and odor elimination. An errant sippy cup, coffee spill, or gym bag can leave your car smelling less than fresh, and stains are bound to happen. Rather than invest in a costly carpet upgrade, CCI uses proprietary solutions to remove stains and odors. CCI is at the forefront of safe odor removal technologies to get rid of the toughest odors. It’s important to remove the source of the odor to keep the smell at bay. We recommend giving your car a thorough cleaning and vacuuming on a regular basis to keep it odor-free after treatment.
- Add a dashboard camera. Back-up cameras come standard on most new vehicles. They provide an added layer of safety for drivers, particularly if you own a large vehicle. If your car is not equipped with a dashboard camera, they are relatively inexpensive and easy to install. Most electronic stores or large discount retailers have them available to purchase in-store and online.
CCI Can Fix That!
Our technicians are trained to make interior repairs to your vehicle to improve your driving experience. Visit us online to learn more about our services and request a quote.