Creative Colors International, a leader in leather restoration and repair, provides details on the benefits of restoration, how to remove scratches in leather yourself — and how to know when it's best to hire a leather scratch repair pro.
Benefits of Leather Restoration
CCI’s service technicians can come to your home or place of business and fix rips, tears, scuffs, scratches, burns, fading, and seam slippage at your convenience. They have the training and the tools in their mobile vans to get the job done. There are several benefits to choosing to restore and repair your leather and vinyl products versus pulling out the credit card and purchasing a replacement.
Restoration cuts costs. Current economic conditions and a looming recession are prompting businesses to search for ways to cut costs. Large corporations like Amazon are freezing hiring, and other companies are starting to lay off employees to trim spending. Small businesses are limiting inventory and relying on automation to help save money. Rather than take drastic measures, restoration is an easy way to decrease spending. It can save businesses up to 90% of replacement costs.
Record levels of inflation and economic uncertainty are also causing many Americans to tighten their purse strings as the holiday season approaches. Current economic conditions and personal finances are making 29% of consumers consider spending less during the holidays than last year, according to a survey conducted by The NPD Group, a market information firm. One in five holiday shoppers said they would spend less over the holidays this year because their economic situation has changed. High food costs are prompting people to cut back on restaurant visits and people are starting to defer car maintenance to save money. Restoration is an inexpensive way to get your home ready for holiday entertaining and boost the value of existing items.
Restoration saves time. Making repairs to leather and vinyl can save time and hassle. Labor shortages sent a shockwave through the economy and took a toll on the furniture industry. A limited supply of raw materials and transportation issues created headaches for manufacturers and retailers. CCI’s service technicians are just a phone call away. They can provide a free quote and timeline for repairs. Our technicians make it a priority to schedule repairs during off hours to prevent disruption. Rather than wait months for a new booth to arrive at your restaurant, our technicians can have it fixed before the dinner rush starts.
Restoration adds value. Leather is a costly investment. Prized for its durability, leather is long-lasting and comfortable. But even high-quality leather will show signs of wear and tear over time. Our leather repair services will help your item retain its value. Making repairs to leather car seats will ensure a used vehicle gets top dollar. Keeping your waiting room furniture in tip-top shape will impress patients and drive repeat business. Leather furniture that shines will allow you to showcase your home in style when entertaining guests.
Restoration reduces carbon footprint. Over the past five years, 85% of people globally are focusing on sustainability when making purchases, particularly younger generations, according to a study conducted by Simon-Kucher & Partners. In the United States, at least 55% of consumers consider the environmental impact before shelling out money for a new item. Restoration saves resources and limits waste. CCI takes it a step further by using environmentally friendly, water-based products to make repairs.
Restoration maintains the current design. You devoted time and energy to creating comfortable spaces at your home or business. You shopped for the ideal furniture to fit the space and are happy with the results. Restoration prevents you from returning to the drawing board. It might be difficult to recreate your look from the new furniture available in the showroom.
Small Leather Scratch Repair
If you want to reap the benefits of leather restoration and your piece only has a limited number of scuffs or scratches, you may want to try and make a leather scratch repair on your own. CCI has been repairing and restoring leather and vinyl for more than 42 years, and we’ve learned some tips and tricks to make your surfaces shine. Below is a step-by-step guide to fixing minor blemishes.
- Start by cleaning the leather. Our Leather Repair Kit is available for purchase on our website. It contains our environmentally friendly leather cleaner and conditioner. Apply the cleaner to a soft, microfiber cloth or sponge and rub it gently on the scratched area. We offer all of our products in bulk for businesses at our online store.
- Apply leather conditioner. After thoroughly cleaning the area, it’s time to apply the conditioner. If the scratch or scuff is small, the leather conditioner may be enough to restore the item. Pour a small amount of leather conditioner onto one of our leather conditioning soft cloths and use a circular motion as you apply the product.
- Let the leather air dry. Once you’ve applied the conditioner, let the leather piece air dry.
- Try a leather marker pen. It’s likely the conditioner was all you needed to fix minor damage. But, if you can still see the scratches, try applying a leather marker to the damaged area. Leather markers are available in a variety of shades at the hardware store or online, and finding the right match can be tricky. Make sure to test the marker in a small area before applying it.
- Call a professional. If applying conditioner was unsuccessful, you will likely need help from a professional. A leather pen is useful for touching up scuffs on shoes or purses but finding the right shade and applying it correctly requires skill and experience. If you’ve tried all the steps above and the damage is still visible, it’s time to call the experts.
We Can Fix That!
CCI is ready to help make your leather products shine. We have more than 150 vans in operation and our service technicians are busy making repairs at car dealerships, marinas, airports, local businesses, and homes. If your leather seating needs to be repaired or your car interior is starting to show its age, we can fix that! Request a quote to find a CCI technician in your area.