How to Restore Vintage Auto Upholstery Fabric
Creative Colors International can help restore your classic car to its former glory by giving your ride’s vintage auto upholstery fabric an upgrade.
Whether your classic ride reminds you of nostalgic cars from your childhood or you simply enjoy tinkering under the hood, collecting classic cars is a popular hobby and a solid investment. Auto enthusiasts collect cars to help diversify their investments. Some collectibles may be worth millions of dollars. The classic car market is hot. Haggerty, a vintage automobile insurance provider, said the market for classic cars reached an all-time high this summer. The growth of online auctions is helping send the cost of classic cars skyward and increasing the value of your vintage automobile.
If you have a vintage car under wraps in your garage, it’s time to take it out and enjoy your investment. Restoring vintage auto upholstery is one of the best ways to breathe life into your antique car. Giving your classic car’s interior a refresh will improve the appearance of your vehicle and increase its value.
While getting the engine in prime condition is key, refurbishing the car’s interior is an important component of your restoration project. A classic car is a big investment, and having a professional detail the interior will ensure the job gets done right.
CCI’s service technicians can fix rips, tears, scratches, burns, and fading in your car’s upholstery. Our mobile technicians have all the tools they need for classic car upholstery restoration in their vans. There are many types of treatments on the market, and CCI ensures it uses the right products to properly restore your car’s seats and floors. We only use water-based products that are clean, non-toxic, non-hazardous, and biodegradable. Our products are safe to use on classic cars and better for the environment. CCI can also eliminate lingering odors in your car from back in the day when it was commonplace to light up a cigarette when you hit the road.
How to Protect Vintage Auto Upholstery
Once CCI revamps your vintage car’s interior, it’s important to take steps to keep it fresh. Here are a few tips from CCI on how to protect vintage auto upholstery.
- Wipe spills up with a soft cloth. Make sure to keep a few microfiber cloths in your glove box to clean up spills as they happen. Avoid using a paper napkin to clean up spills because it may scratch your upholstery.
- Vacuum regularly. Over time, dirt and grime will cause long-term damage to your upholstery. Make sure to vacuum your car’s interior regularly to avoid excess build-up and help your refurbished upholstery last.
- Crack the windows. Excessive heat can damage your car’s interior and cause excessive wear to your upholstery. Vintage cars are typically not driven as frequently as your everyday automobile. The fix to prevent heat from damaging your car’s interior is simple. Keep the car windows cracked to allow heat to disperse.
- Cover car. Keep your car covered when it is not in use to prevent exposure to the elements. Sunlight can fade your upholstery and cause it to crack. It’s also a good idea to use a shade on the windshield and try to park the car in shady spots.
- Protect the leather. If your vintage car has leather seats, it’s a good idea to clean them regularly with a leather cleaner and condition the leather for added protection. CCI has cleaners available for purchase at its online store, including cloths, sponges, leather cleaner, and leather conditioner.
Request a Free Quote
A CCI service technician can provide high-quality restoration services to refurbish the interior of your treasured vintage automobile. Contact CCI to learn more about our services and to request a quote.