5 Common Car Interior Repairs and Their Average Costs
Don’t let unsightly wear and tear on the interior of your car put a dent in its resale value. Creative Colors International can perform car interior repairs to return your car to its original glory.
American Love Affair with Cars Remains Strong
Skyrocketing gas prices and high new car costs are doing little to prompt Americans to break up with their beloved vehicles. Americans drove 288 billion miles in the month of May alone, including 90 billion miles on rural roads and 198 billion miles on urban streets. Whether it’s commuting to work, shuttling children to after-school activities, or accelerating on a summer road trip, people are racking up the miles and depend on reliable vehicles. In fact, Americans spend a grand total of 18 days of the year behind the wheel of their car. If you’re crunching the numbers, that averages out to about eight hours and 22 minutes per week! It’s no wonder Americans form a close bond with their vehicles.
Purchasing a vehicle is a rite of passage for many people. Americans agree the ideal age to buy your own car is 21 years old, according to an earlier study focused on milestones by Bankrate.com, a financial provider. Not only are cars essential for both work and play, but they also represent liberty, flexibility, and status. A vehicle allows people to be productive and helps showcase their personality. Minivan owners are family-oriented, retirees like feeling the wind in their hair in a convertible, and truck drivers are weekend warriors. People depend on their cars to get them from Point A to Point B, and they take pride in the quality of their investment by following a maintenance schedule to keep it road-worthy.
Ensuring your engine is in prime condition and taking steps to prevent scratches and dings is a priority. But maintaining your vehicle’s interior is also important. Repairing and refurbishing your car’s interior will help maintain your vehicle’s resale value, improve the quality of your driving experience, and impress your passengers.
CCI’s Top 5 Interior Car Repairs
CCI is the mobile leader in leather and vinyl repair and car interior restoration. Our technicians understand that no matter how diligent you are in maintaining your vehicle's interior, damage is going to happen. Here are CCI’s five most common car interior repairs and the average cost to get them fixed.
- Driver’s Side Bolster Wear. One of the top repairs CCI makes is to fix the driver’s side bolster, which gets worn from people getting in and out of the car. The bolster is the side padding on your vehicle’s seat that supports the torso. Frequently sliding into the seat wears down the coating and color on the upholstery.
- Steering Wheel Scratches. Drivers learn to put their hands on the steering wheel at the 10 o’clock and 2 o’clock positions for safety. Over time, keeping your hands on the wheel wears down the leather or vinyl. It’s also not uncommon for gouges and scratches from jewelry to cause damage. We know the tricks of the trade to remove any evidence of damage and wear.
- Stain Removal. Even if you initially institute a food ban in your vehicle, the lure of the drive-thru will eventually succeed. Spills are inevitable, and stains are going to happen. CCI’s service technicians can remove stubborn stains on your vehicle’s interior using water-based, environmentally friendly cleaning products.
- Upholstery Fading. Prolonged exposure to the sun’s ultraviolet rays and high temperatures can do a number on your car’s interior. One of the culprits is upholstery fading. CCI uses the latest technology to make car upholstery repairs and return it to its original luster.
- Odor Removal. Whether you kicked your smoking habit and need some fresh air, or one of your children spilled their sippy cup of milk, you may need some heavy-duty odor removal. CCI’s mobile repair crew banishes the smell by cleaning the source of the odor. Our process can also eliminate most bacteria and viruses on contact, depending on what treatment method is selected.
The average cost of a leather car seat and upholstery repair starts at $125, depending on the amount of work that needs to be done and the time it takes to make the fix.
Tips to Keep Interior Fresh
Once your car interior repairs are complete, there are steps you can take to keep your interior in tip-top shape.
- Keep it Clean. One of the best ways to keep your car interior in good condition is regular cleaning. Try and make it a habit to remove garbage from your vehicle at the end of the day, or at least every time you fill the tank with gas. Automobile garbage bins are a low-cost way to contain the mess. Experts recommend getting your car washed every two weeks as a general rule. Whether you get the job done in your driveway or the local car wash, make vacuuming the car’s interior part of your cleaning routine.
- Condition Seats. Apply a leather conditioner to your car seats once a month to prevent them from drying and cracking. It’s also a good idea to protect your upholstery and leather seats by keeping a few spare towels in the trunk to use after you hit the gym or swimming pool to prevent damage.
- Install Rubber Floor Mats. Rubber floor mats are great for catching crumbs and preventing dirt on your shoes from damaging your car’s carpet. Plus, they are easy to remove and clean.
Mobile Repair Franchise Can Fix That!
CCI’s skilled technicians deliver the ultimate in on-site protection, repair, restoration, and the dyeing of fabric, vinyl, plastic, and leather. They fix rips, tears, scratches, burns, fading, and seam slippage.
CCI’s team is also here to help auto dealerships increase the sale prices on their used-car fleet. Our service technicians can come to your dealership to refurbish and repair your pre-owned vehicles. We have been providing car interior repairs at automobile dealerships across the country for more than 30 years, by offering programs geared toward improving the key departments in your dealership, including service, auto body shop, and pre-owned car sales. CCI offers contracts to dealerships with discounted repair rates.
Request a Free Quote
If your vehicle is showing evidence of being well-loved, CCI’s mobile technicians are at your service to make car interior repairs. They have the tools in their mobile vans to improve the resale value of your car. Click here to REQUEST A FREE QUOTE.